2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Shift: 1: 45 -10: 15pm
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Inspector Assembly to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Inspector - Assembly
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The inspector 1 is responsible for In-process inspection, Lot inspection and creating and compiling quality reports for the Sheet Metal and Machining divisions.
- The Inspector 1 position is differentiated from the lower level position in that it requires the ability to advise operators of deviations found upon inspection. This position may train and advise the Inspector Trainee position.
- Prioritizes which inspections to perform based upon workload and job priorities.
- Inspect product at receiving and incoming inspection from suppliers, specifically plating and custom made parts using applicable measuring tools and test equipment.
- Inspect product In-Process (1st Piece) supplied by the operator.
- Inspector checks the product against the print, work order (notes) and other pertinent documentation using applicable measuring tools and test equipment. Advises operator of deviations found upon inspection.
- Performs “ Lot” inspection on product “ ready to” move to the next operation. Will check the product against the print, work order (notes) and other pertinent documentation using applicable measuring tools and test equipment.
- Create and compile quality records as defined by the Quality Management System and/or by Customer specific requirements.
- Record inspection results into the “ Shopfloor” Software, which is linked to Visual Manufacturing. Undertake additional responsibilities or activities as required by the Quality Manager Sheet Metal.
- Assist the Director of Quality in maintaining of ISO 13485: 2003 and 9001: 2008 certifications
- This position requires a minimum of 1 year previous Inspection experience, or 1 year manufacturing fabrication experience. However depending on other factors such as education, programming certifications, high score on programming / measuring tools test a candidate with less experience may be considered for hire or transfer.
- Measuring tools: Caliper, Micrometer, Height Gage, Test Indicator and calibration.
- A good understanding of mathematics.
- Read and interpret blue prints.
- Familiar with quality management systems and calibration.
- General Inspection knowledge, methodology, metrology, plating and painting.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel and able to manipulate documents using Adobe Acrobat or Fox it.
- Read, write and communicate in English
- Some assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Medium work” and some may involve “ Heavy Work” as defined below.
- The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.