Inspector 3 (Day shift)
2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Inspector 3 to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Inspector 3 is responsible for In-process inspection, Lot inspection, creating and compiling quality reports for the company’ s Manufacturing Sheet Metal and Machining divisions.
- Inspector has significantly more experience, skill, and knowledge then the Inspector 1 and 2 and is assigned the most difficult inspection tasks.
- The Inspector 3 is able to advise operators why a deviation occurred and how to possibly correct the deviation.
- The Inspector 3 will train and advise the Trainee Inspector position.
- Prioritizes which inspections to perform based upon workload and job priorities.
- Inspect product at receiving/incoming inspection from suppliers, specifically plating and custom made parts using applicable measuring tools and test equipment.
- Inspect product In-Process (1st Piece) supplied by the operator.
- Inspector checks the product against the print, work order (notes) and other pertinent documentation using applicable measuring tools and test equipment.
- Advises operator of what deviations are found, why the deviation occurred and how to possibly correct the deviations.
- Performs “ Lot” inspection on product “ ready to” move to the next operation.
- Creates and compiles quality records as defined by the Quality Management System or as defined by Customer specific requirements.
- Records inspection results into the “ Shopfloor” Software, linked to Visual Manufacturing system.
- Undertakes any additional responsibilities or activities as required by the Quality Manager SheetMetal.
- Assists the Director of Quality in maintaining of ISO 13485 and 9001 certifications.
- Recommends expenditures for equipment. This position has no direct budgetary responsibility.
- CMM programming of the most difficult parts.
- Design and Development of inspection fixtures to improve inspection speed and/or accuracy.
- Database programming and development in support of records automation
- Other process automation.
- Inspector interacts with employees from all departments.
- The Inspector 3 reports to the Quality Manager Metals Division. This position may take direction from the Director of Quality or Manufacturing Shift Supervisor as appropriate. This position does not supervise others.
- Requires a minimum of 5 year previous Inspection experience in a metal fabrication environment, at least 2 of which must have been at the Inspector 2 level.
- However, depending on other factors such as education, programming certifications, high score on programming / measuring tools test a candidate with less experience may be considered for hire or promotion.
- Knowledge / Skills -Measuring tools: Caliper, Micrometer, Height Gage, Test Indicator and calibration.
- CMM, Database, or other inspection software expertise.
- Solidworks skills including complex 3D part creation.
- A good understanding of mathematics.
- Read and interpret blue prints.
- Familiar with quality management systems and calibration.
- General Inspection knowledge, methodology, metrology, plating and painting.
- Computer literate.
- Read, write and communicate in English.
- Candidate must pass the Companies Inspection test.
- The Quality Manager Sheet Metal shall determine competence by:
- Interview and review of an applicant' s resume and/or application form
- Testing the Applicant in use Measuring Tools (Caliper, Micrometer, Height Gage and Test Indicator).
- Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Light work”, however some may involve “ Medium Work” as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.