790 Lindaro Street Novato, CA 94901
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Informatics Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in the North Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and on-going support of informatics applications with the overall goal delivering new capabilities to scientists.
- Collaborate with scientists to define requirements; develop efficient, well-engineered solutions; and communicate methods and results for scientific problems.
- Develop and communicate best practices for scientific software development and data management.
- Evaluate and deliver emerging technologies for scientific projects and future initiatives.
- Prioritize and coordinate with external contractors for development of specific projects or components.
- Champion the use of automation, CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous deployment)[CK1], workflow, and cloud technologies within scientific domains.
- Assist in authoring of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and analysis supporting documentation and tests (e.g., requirements, architectures & configurations, unit tests, data catalogs, module and training documentation).
- Collaborate with system platforms teams to manage and maintain existing scientific applications.
- Possibly assist with off-hours monthly maintenance patching and updating activities as related to scientific and analytical applications or similar systems.
- This role is located in San Rafael and Novato, CA, United States.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum B.S. or greater in Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences or a related technical field with prior work experience.
- Minimum 3 years work experience and a BS in computer science, informatics, or software engineering field.
- Demonstrated experience developing computational solutions to scientific problems.
- Familiarity with or working knowledge of bioinformatics, genomics, or statistical genetics domains.
- Experience applying software engineering best practices (e.g., source code control, test driven development).
- Experience working with in a Linux/Unix command line environment.
- Experience working with HPC schedulers (e.g. SLURM) and/or scientific or analytic workflow systems
- Expert level programming experience with Python; experience with PySpark preferred.
- Familiarity with shell scripting, development operations (DevOps) technologies and cloud technologies (e.g. S3, RDS, EC2).
- Familiarity working with database server and big data platforms (e.g., MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Hive, Spark).
- A strong communicator who can speak effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to prioritize and deliver results with a high emphasis on quality, technical rigor and detail.
- Experiences with software testing and performance profiling is preferred.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand? walk? use hands to finger, handle, or feel? reach with hands and arms? climb or balance? stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities