ITOM Architect / Solutions Developer
2225 Lawson Lane Santa Clara, CA 95054
What you get to do in this role:
• Implement/enhance ServiceNow ITOM spaces and Design solutions and processes for the ServiceNow platform.
• Document functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases.
• Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshop.
• Build proofs-of-concept (POC) for potential new solutions and technologies
• Accountable for the timely delivery of projects as per established roadmaps by working closely with the business teams
• Strong alignment with product management and engineering teams on roadmap and product feedback.
• Contribute and maintain a showcase of ITOM solutions created on the ServiceNow platform.
• Provide mentoring and training to peers and other colleagues in the organization.
• Staying current on product developments/releases to a level required for solutioning and value realization for business.
• Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, security etc.
• Create and present functional and technical design including data analysis to business team, and gather feedback to influence solution design and approach
• Participate in end to end implementation planning including project management, issue management, communication and change management
• Writing and reviewing QA and UAT test scripts
• Preparation of user documentation and training documentation as necessary
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
• Experience with enterprise architecture domains
• Experience in ServiceNow ITOM modules – Service Mapping, Discovery, Event Management, Cloud Management, Orchestration, CMDB and Asset Management.
• Experience with infrastructure, application and data, design architects to tie into broader solution for customers.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills to include technical and business concepts.
• Experience with CMDB design, architecture and implementations (CCMDB, UCMDB, etc.)
• Hands on with AWS APIs, Azure, VMware, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Containers/Docker, integration & automation expertise with 3rd parties.
• Solid hands on skills with orchestration and automation platforms such as HPOO, vRO, Atrium, MSFT, IPSoft, etc.
• Deep knowledge of service oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc)
• Experience with discovery technologies (ADDM, TADDM, DDMA/UD, etc.)
• Experience with service modeling techniques (TPL, TQL, etc.)
• Experience with event management platforms (Netcool, HPOM, BPPM, etc).
• Experience with Cloud Management Platforms such as AWS, VMware, BMC, etc.
• Solid IT Ops experience in storage, network and compute of enterprise environments
• Experience in installing and configuring middleware applications (Oracle, WebSphere, etc.)
• IT Operations Management experience would be advantageous (Tool or process).
• Exhibits prior and current technical expertise in web technology and the ability to learn new technology.
• Technical or practice team lead in previous roles