2801 Scott Blvd
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15919
Bayside Solutions is seeking an IT Service Desk Support to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
IT Service Desk Support
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The IT Service Desk Support Team provides onsite 2nd level IT support for client hardware, software, desk telephone/voicemail, mobile phones, and audio/video conference rooms.
- Hardware support involves HP laptops, tablets, and desktops; Apple MacBook Pros; Apple iPads; Apple iPhones. Peripheral support includes monitors, keyboards, mice, docking stations, and adapters. Involves device imaging, deployment, troubleshooting, repair, communication, documentation, and resolution.
- Operating System support for Microsoft Windows7, Windows10, Apple OSX 10, and Apple iOS.
- Client software support for Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google applications (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Google+, Meet, and Chat), Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Safari), Antivirus, and other client software. Provides support for software installation, remediation, removal, and troubleshooting.
- Must demonstrate understanding and usage of ITSM process and IT tools for incident, problem, change, and asset management (i.e. ServiceNow, ActiveDirectory). Team is responsible for monitoring and managing several incident ticket queues.
- Conference Room Support and Badge printing support. Must provide user support for projectors, screens, TV displays, wall controls, webcams, remote connectivity (Crestron Airmedia), HDMI, and Cisco conference room telephones. Perform basic troubleshooting of Multifunction printing devices and badge printing.
- Customer Service - Provides exceptional customer service. Willing to make a special effort to perform tasks correctly the first time. Demonstrates great follow up, communication, and relationship management skills. Able to answer customer questions and provide customer training. Provides user support for specific user requirements to improve or enhance user productivity.
- Project Support – Participates in “ special projects” as assigned by IT management. Special projects may include Lifecycle management of workstation hardware, operating systems, and mobile phones.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree from an Accredited Institution in computer science or related field, plus 2 years of experience
- Vendor certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, Avaya, HP, others)
- ITIL Certification
- Technical certification in computer science or related field or equivalent, plus 2 years of customer-focused technical experience or;
- Extensive desktop support, telecom and network management preferred.
- Experience and patience in training others concerning technical matters
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Windows and Apple MacBook Operating Systems
- Experience with the following: Active Directory, ITIL, ServiceNow,
- Extensive experience with Google Applications – Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Google+, Meet, Chat, and Chrome extensions
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Responsible and takes responsibility and ownership
- Extremely high level of attention to detail
- Desire to be a part of a team and work in a collaborative environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; customer service orientation