IT SERVICE DESK SUPPORT
2841 Scott Blvd Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking an IT SERVICE DESK SUPPORT to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with a nanopore based DNA sequencing company dedicated to making genetic testing easy and affordable. They are developing a revolutionary, low cost, and semiconductor based DNA/RNA reador. This technology will improve the lives of people with a wide variety of applications including the timely screening of newborns for diseases and the diagnosis of cancers and infectious diseases.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. They take pride in strong, global relationships with the patient, research and medical communities, and take equal pride in carefully selecting their colleagues.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
IT SERVICE DESK SUPPORT
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provides onsite 2nd level IT service desk support (initiate, resolve and monitor) for software, hardware, telephone/voicemail and audio/video conference incidents and service requests. Baseline is IT Service Level Agreement, ITSM processes and client’ s rules and guidelines.
- Hardware support involves HP Laptops and desktops, Apple MacBookPros, and peripherals.
- OS Support for Microsoft Windows and OSX with Microsoft Office.
- Software support (analysis, implementation, and resolution), hardware support (analysis, implementation and resolution), service desk support (implementation, updates and monitoring), user support (provide solution options for specific user requirements, provide support for user software, and general support of telephone and conference requirements).
- Supports, maintains and repair of IT equipment and infrastructure
- Provides user support for specific user requirements to improve or enhance user productivity.
- Monitor and manage several ticket queues in HPSM. Documents solution and work arounds, maintain the knowledge database (e.g. known errors, workarounds).
- Supports end user questions regarding their desktop environment.
- Provides input on the effectiveness of client desktop support system methods and procedures as part of the continuous service improvement initiative
- Provides high touch, front line, technical support on videoconference and conference room equipment.
- Troubleshoots software installs and document resolutions for desktop initiated requests
- Works on “ special projects” as assigned by IT management.
- Identify workstation software improvements and enhancements.
- Build, configure and deploy equipment for site end users.
- Pick up and store equipment in a secured location following documented process for asset management.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of printers, copiers, fax machines, and all-in-one units.
- Support Software installation, remediation, removal and fixes
- Deploy new hardware / upgrade existing hardware (add memory, larger monitor, etc.
- Provides end user training and onsite support and on call responsibilities as needed.
- Demonstrates great follow up and customer service skills as well as strong project management, and relationship management skills.
- Smart Phones (iPhone) and Tablet Support (iPad)
- Bachelor' s degree
- Vendor certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, ITI, HP, others)
- Requires 2 plus years job related experience
- Certificate in Computer is preferred
- Certificate in Computer Science is preferred
- Technical/trade school certificate in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience required