IT Project Manager
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking IT Project Manager to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
IT Project Manager:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provides project management and business analysis for various applications requiring customer input using meeting facilitation to determine needs and develop solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects with various integration points
- Must serve as a backup and deputy to the Sr IT Project Manager
- Can concurrently manage 1 – 2 projects of diverse scope across functional areas
- Manages projects using the corporate IT Project Management Methodology (PMM) lifecycle with experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Creates and/or assists with required project documentation practices such as project charter, project plan, user requirements, functional specifications and validation plans
- Directs BSAs, Developers and SQA resources in the creation, testing and delivering of applications to support business requirements
- Manage a project team of approximately 5 people
- Manages project budgets, scheduling, planning and contractor resource assignment and track vendor and resources’ performance including billing against budget and contract
- Manage project statements of work (SOW), change requests, requests for proposal and other procurement activities in conjunction with IT planning teams as required
- Effectively communicates to stakeholders in verbal and written form
- Collaborates effectively with business, technical and validation resources, to ensure project delivery and on-going support of business services and applications
- Interact and influence local and global teams and stakeholders
- Report and interact directly with Sr Manager IT (DS Manufacturing IT) and update project progress on a weekly basis.
- BS or BA degree in Information Systems.
- PMI PMP certification or equivalent preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of project management experience
- A professional focus on solution delivery and customer-service
- Experience in root cause analysis to help team remove roadblock to achieve project goals
- Ability to organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects with various scopes simultaneously
- Ability to navigate between local and global teams, communicating and influencing accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to manage vendors, project teams and stakeholders at all levels, including directors and executives
- Advanced ability with office productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Google Apps, MS Project)
- Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
- Previous experience working in Pharmaceutical and life sciences industry with exposure to GxP applications is preferred
- Experience in working GxP Validated projects with Computer System Validation knowledge.
- Must have experience executing projects using Agile software development based on iterative development.