651 Gateway Blvd
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15952
Bayside Solutions is seeking an IT Project Manager III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
IT Project Manager III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Formulates and defines, in collaboration with sponsors and stakeholders, scope and objectives of the project and ensures communication of project goals and business direction to management.
- Determines appropriate delivery methodology - Waterfall, hybrid, or Agile.
- Primarily responsible for delivering the project on time, within budget and meeting the strategic business and technical requirements defined at project initiation and/or through controlled, documented scope management throughout the project delivery.
- Manages the triple constraints [Cost, Schedule, Scope/Quality] of the project delivery, escalating to sponsors, stakeholders, Functional Managers, and/or Sr. Mgmt., as appropriate to keep project on track, in scope, and on budget, specifically including full financial forecasting for project and annual budget constraints.
- May identify and secure appropriate team members to support the project delivery, in collaboration with sponsors, stakeholders, Solution Owners, and resource managers.
- Identifies, schedules, and tracks to completion project deliverables, tasks, activities, and milestones.
- Identifies, documents, and ensures analysis of scope change requests throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identifies, documents, and accesses probability/impact, and develops a mitigation strategy, in collaboration with sponsors, stakeholders, and Solution Owners, for all project risks. For those risks realized, subsequently tracks mitigation strategies to closure for each risk that becomes an issue. For all issues realized, effectively tracks and reports on issues in progress of resolution and those successfully closed.
- Provides accurate, timely, and fit for purpose project status reports using established norms and reporting tools established for the portfolio.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication for assigned projects and with dependent projects.
- Responsible for compliance with project management, portfolio management, and Computer Systems Validation (CSV) policies, guidelines, process automation tools, and reporting standards of the portfolio. These norms will include all system validation state documentation, project documentation, including compliance with Project Management Methodology, resource forecasting/tracking, financial forecasting/tracking, and governance procedures for the portfolio.
- As our organization is transforming to Agile, you will also be serving as a Scrum Master for those initiatives being delivered with New Ways of Working.
Summary of Qualifications:
BS or BA degree in Information Systems or engineering discipline
- PMI PMP certification or equivalent preferred
- CSM certification or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of project management and Scrum Master experience
- A professional focus on solution delivery and customer-service
- Ability to organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects with various scopes simultaneously
- Ability to navigate between local and global teams, communicating and influencing accurately
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to manage vendors, project teams and stakeholders at all levels, including directors and executives
- Advanced ability with office productivity tools (Google Suite)
- Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
- Previous experience working in life sciences or drug development preferred