IT Project Manager II
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking IT Project Manager II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
IT Project Manager II:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Stakeholder Management - Collaborate with customers, vendors and other teams to achieve project objectives.
- Ensure project objectives/requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders.
- Project Delivery - Plan, baseline, and control costs to ensure projects are delivered on time, within approved budget and with the expected benefits defined at project entry.
- Project Risk, Assumption, Issue and Dependency Management - Assess potential impacts with the project team. Formulate risk mitigation strategies, recommend solutions, actively managing and integrating with any dependent projects or activities.
- Project Planning, Tracking, Control & Reporting - Track progress against baseline schedule through controlled and documented change management. Provide accurate and timely project status reports. Escalate to sponsors, stakeholders, functional managers, and/or senior management, as appropriate to keep projects on track, in scope, and on budget.
- Team Building & Leadership - Organize and supervise the appropriate involvement of project resources and actively managing and addressing the resolution of conflicts within the project team.
- Compliance – Directly accountable for ensuring compliance with project management, portfolio management and CSV policies, guidelines, process tools and reporting standards of the portfolio.
- Forecasting and Budgeting- Provide monthly forecasts for projects and programs. Participate in annual budgeting activities as required.
- Bachelor' s degree in CS, MIS, Life Sciences, Business; or equivalent experience
- PMP and/or Agile certification or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of experience as a successful Information Technology Project Manager using structured project management processes
- Deep understanding of SDLCs including Agile methodologies
- Proven ability to obtain results in a matrix environment
- Track record of delivering projects on time and on budget
- Experience in managing the development of validated systems (csv)
- Experience in managing COTS and custom applicaitons.
- Well versed in vendor management and can look for new opportunities to optimize our vendor contracts and relationships
- Ability to see the interrelationship of a project across " the big picture" and understand its dependency on other projects in the program as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Exceptional listening, problem solving, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk