1 DNA way
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15629
Bayside Solutions is seeking an IT Project Manager I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
IT Project Manager I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- As the research and early development IT Project Manager, your primary responsibilities include the planning, execution and monitoring of IT projects in the DevSci portfolio.
- You are required to lead cross-functional IT teams in delivery of project goals while managing project scope, time, quality and costs. With a strong focus on partnership, the IT Project Manager is expected to align directly with our business partner, effectively collaboration and cultivate trust and dependability.
- You are a great team player who works well with other IT professionals towards the common vision of delivering on solutions to enable the company in providing novel therapeutics to our patients.
- Provides project management and business analysis for various applications requiring customer input using meeting facilitation to determine needs and develop solutions
- Manages 1 – 3 projects of diverse scope across functional areas concurrently
- Manages projects using the corporate IT Project Management Methodology (PMM) lifecycle
- Creates and/or assists with required project documentation practices such as user requirements, functional specifications and testing plans
- Directs BSAs, Developers and SQA resources in the creation, testing and delivering of applications to support business requirements as required
- Manages a project team of approximately 2-3people
- Manages project budgets, scheduling, planning and contractor resource assignment and track vendor and resources’ performance including billing against budget and contract as requested
- Communicates effectively to stakeholders in verbal and written form
- Collaborates effectively with business, technical and validation resources, to ensure project delivery and on-going support of business services and applications
- Interacts and influences local and global teams and stakeholders
- Reports and interacts with directors and executives
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS or BA degree in Information Systems
- 5-7 years of project management experience
- A professional focus on solution delivery and customer-service
- Ability to organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects with various scopes simultaneously
- Exceptional listening, problem solving, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to navigate between local and global teams, communicating and influencing accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to manage vendors, project teams and stakeholders at all levels, including directors and executives
- Advanced ability with office productivity tools (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, MS Project)
- Demonstrated success handling initiatives of high complexity and risk
- Previous experience working in life sciences or drug development preferred