IT Project Manager I
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking an IT Project Manager I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
IT Project Manager I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Coordination of all internal GIS activities associated with the Corporate Network and Telephony deployments and the integration of these activities within the larger capital infrastructure construction projects required.
- Working closely with General Contractors, Sub Contractors, Architects and Engineers.
- Project manage the delivery of small to large-scale network projects composed of short & long-haul dark fiber, leased wavelengths, circuit adds/moves/changes/disconnects, colo space, power, cross-connects, inside plant fiber, and IP transit and peering connections from inception through delivery.
- Ensure facilities are delivered on schedule and meet specifications.
- Assist upstream planning, and design, developing infrastructure requirements, priorities, and delivery date expectations.
- Ensure the IT network is installed according to the standards and requirements by; performing site walks throughout the duration of the project, attend and schedule meetings with stakeholders, construction and project teams, electrical and cabling vendors, & hardware vendors, write scopes, schedules, & RFPs/RFQs.
- Manage project scope changes and risks. Lead kickoff and regular project status meetings.
- Keep downstream teams at Genentech apprised of project and delivery status.
- Ability to facilitate team meetings and produce meeting minutes.
- Facilitate review and acceptance of vendor handover documentation.
- Create and maintain project documentation (Project Charters, weekly updates project plans etc.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Construction Management or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant IT Infrastructure related experience.
- 2 years of experience managing multiple Network Infrastructure, AV or telephony projects or people management.
- Deep understanding of project managing the deployment of copper and fiber optic network infrastructure engineering design and construction projects.
- Proven ability to manage project priorities and technical resources, plus relationships with multiple partner-teams, directors, and/or vendors.
- Ability to identify opportunities for and drive cross-functional process improvements across the organization.
- Proven project management skills.
- Effective use of Project Management tools (e.g., spreadsheets, scheduling tools, dashboards).
- Exceptionally strong communication skills combined with a data-driven analytical approach towards solving complex challenges.
- PMP Certification.