IT Manager 1: Host Security (PM)
5130 Hacienda Drive Dublin, CA 94568
IT Manager (Host Security)
Location: Dublin, CA
Job Duration: Direct Hire / FTE
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we' ve built our company around a single concept - relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We' re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
Our client is looking for a Talented IT Manager (Host Security) that will be responsible for evaluation, selection and implementation of solutions to address current and future business needs. Highly visible role with IT executives and directly interface with the business community.
- Serve as project delivery issue escalation and communication point for security delivery challenges.
- Manage project delivery resources of security architects, engineers, analysts, and operators, and prioritize project and operational work efforts.
- Coordinate project delivery efforts with other teams such as security operations, network operations/architecture, governance & risk, technology engineering.
- Communicate project and operational metrics.
- Ensure that new designs meet those standards.
- Interprets information security and compliance requirements and develops plans to align company security infrastructure to those requirements
- Assist with management of a multi-million dollar budget (capital and expense).
- Maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors
- Coordinate strategic and tactical plans, projects, service transition and contracts.
- Bachelor' s degree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years in supervisory position of security related staff/projects
- Prior experience and proven success in managing staff remotely, across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and handle critical situation, negotiating solutions, resolving conflicts, and driving projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to execute ROI (basic financial analysis)
- Techno-functional and has the ability to supervise engineers, analysts, consultants and external vendor resources.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; outstanding listening skills
- Able to articulate issues, build consensus around recommendations, and define next steps
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Solid understanding and knowledge of End-point/Host security concepts, processes and general trends in the industry
- Experience with delivery of specific technologies to secure endpoint systems i.e., anti-malware, advanced threat detection, security incident & event management(SIEM), behavior analytics, mobile device management(MDM) security
- Solid knowledge of IT Infrastructure designs, technologies, products, and services which include knowledge of networking protocols, operating systems, databases, encryption, and other technologies.