1035 O'Brien Drive
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15865
Human Resources Assistant / Administrative Assistant
Menlo Park, CA
The Human Resource Administrative Assistant, will be a approachable and customer services oriented individual who will be responsible for providing support to the HR Department and business units. This position will be responsible for on-site support which includes, but is not limited to: coordinating meetings and events, supporting candidate interviews, HR support, travel coordination, cross functional coordination, personal file maintenance, vendor communication. and other responsibilities as assigned related to an Administrative support function.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Collects, files and updates systems with personnel requirements. This includes all demographic information such as address, DOB, job positions, pay rates, etc.(ensuring each file is accurate and current) while ensuring confidentiality
- Create, track and share personnel updates with the appropriate cross functional teams (IT, Facilities, Payroll, etc)
- Support coordination and scheduling of candidate phone, video, and in-office interviews
- Provide general administrative/project support to HR team as assigned
- Coordinate with hiring managers and cross functional teams for employee on and off boarding needs
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
- Assists with benefits administration, Open Enrollment, training or other meetings as needed
- Interface with various vendors to maintain up-to-date information within their systems
- Work collaboratively with the department to streamline workflow and processes
- Track team member expiring documents and training
- Other duties as assigned
Education Required and Experience:
- Bachelor' s degree in a related field or a Minimum of 2 years of progressive HR experience
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, preferred
- An understanding of State and Federal Labor Laws
- Experience with recruitment and benefits administration
- Proficient in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing
- Posses analytical and critical thinking skills to conduct analyses and develop recommendations
- Ability to handle difficult situations/individuals professionally, effectively and escalate appropriately/as needed
- Familiar with legal documents and documentation
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize projects with strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Computer Skills: MS Office, Concur, Outlook
- Positive attitude
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction-
- Human Resources experience preferred - Pharma/Biotech a plus
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Walk and lift up to 10 pounds.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel: N/A
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a Contract position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8: 30 a.m. to 5 p.m.