Human Factors Engineer II
1000 New Horizons Way Vacaville, CA 95688
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Human Factors Engineer II to be part of our client’ s team in Vacaville. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Human Factors Engineer II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Write technical documents, such as usability study protocols and summary reports.
- Perform statistical data analysis.
- Provide guidance and input regarding human factors engineering.
- Perform ethnographic research, requirements definition research, use-related risk analyses, formative usability assessments, and summative design validation studies.
- Write human factors sections of regulatory submissions.
- Regularly interface with staff and leaders in device development, regulatory, clinical, quality and program management.
- Understand, implement and maintain Roche Pharma Quality Policy and Pharma Quality System (PQS) in the department.
- Use (and create and implement, if necessary) local PTDU-D procedures and templates ensuring alignment with current versions of PQS documents and best practices.
- Assist with resolving issues arisen from internal quality assessments/audits, regulatory inspections and notified body interactions, and aid in driving closure of inspection issues by preparing appropriate responses and corrective action resolutions.
- Create and review discrepancy, change and risk management documents for PTDU-D and Devices Teams, as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance of training to PQS and job-related requirements.
- Draft, review and/or approve design control documents (i.e. DHF documents) to support device development deliverables using available templates, such as protocols and reports, design verification, design validation, failure modes effects and analysis, risk management plans, change management plans and design review meeting minutes.
- Employ good document practices (GDP) when recording data, maintaining archives and drafting and reviewing documents.
- Participate in hazards analyses and design assessments and reviews.
- Utilize electronic document archive system and collaborate with Document Control team to ensure document compliance with PQS standards and DHF regulations.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S, M.S, or advanced degree in Engineering, with preference for Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or the equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in the industry and/or academia (including advanced studies) after receiving their Bachelors degree.
- Experience in writing technical documents, analyzing data is expected. Capable of writing usability study protocols, performing statistical data analysis and writing summary reports.
- Familiarity with relevant modeling and design tools, design controls and/or statistical analysis.
- Modeling: Monte Carlo Simulations, Tolerance Analysis, Finite Element Analysis.
- Full data and statistical analysis (JMP, Minitab) and Design of Experiments.
- Design Controls for regulatory compliance & filing (ISO 13485, etc): GDP/GLP/GMP, Design History Files, protocols/reports, hazards analyses, batch records, etc.
- Human Factors Engineering: Development of product training, IFU, conduct formative and summative usability studies and associated risk analyses
- Proven track record of working effectively in a matrix organization with a highly cross-functional (e.g., device development, regulatory, clinical, quality, and program management) and collaborative environment is very desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.