High Voltage Supervisor
315 Bonair Siding Stanford, CA 94305
Bayside Solutions is seeking a High Voltage Supervisor to be part of our Client’ s team in Palo Alto. This is an opportunity to work with one of the world’ s premier research institutions. They seek people committed to excellence and driven to make the world a better place.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001 and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
High Voltage Supervisor
The High-Volt Shop Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the High-Volt shop ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the team. The shop comprises nine bargaining unit electricians and maintenance employees who operate and maintain the campus high voltage (12kV and 4kV) electrical distribution system and metering and shall participate in department strategic management. The supervisor reports to the Energy Operations Associate Director Maintenance.
- Oversees the daily operation and management of assigned facilities and programs, including scheduling and assigning work to staff and coordinating with staff, subcontractors, and/or vendors, with a focus on maintaining safety as the highest priority.
- Oversee staffing and performance evaluation of assigned staff, and contribute to department or division staffing needs forecast.
- Clarify and resolve problems spanning multiple areas and technical fields. Oversee and develop programs within assigned facilities.
- Manage and develop budget for area of responsibility, including staffing, maintenance, contracts, etc.
- Manage ongoing service contracts as applicable.
- Participate in strategic management, including making recommendations involving short- term planning for facility-type projects and for longer-range programs/projects. Provide input into long-range financial, budgeting, and programmatic planning and development. Provide input into the development of policies and procedures. Interpret and manage policies and procedures for the HV Shop, with input into the Electrical System operation and maintenance programs.
- Oversee and monitor project activities. Ensure integration with larger unit goals. Coordinate with staff, subcontractors, and/or vendors.
- Develops procedures & training programs for maintenance, operations and safety
- Works closely with engineers and project managers to implement new construction and maintenance programs
Education & Experience Required:
- Must be familiar with the installation, operation and maintenance of high voltage electrical distribution equipment, including transformers, switches, underground cabling systems, protective relays, metering and substation equipment. Must also be familiar with codes and standards including IEEE, NETA, NEC, California Electric Code, NFPA 70 & 70E, and CalOSHA.
- Bachelor' s degree in engineering or other appropriate technical area, or combination of technical education, training, and experience. Must have at least five (5) years, experience with the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of utility, industrial or institutional high-voltage systems, with two or more years of experience managing facilities operations and maintenance staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of environmental and safety rules, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to conduct job site inspections to ensure compliance
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with others
- Demonstrated experience managing service contracts
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing budgets
- Demonstrated experience planning, developing, and implementing programs
- Ability to interpret planning specifications, documents, working drawings, and related reports
- Frequently sitting, perform desk-based computer tasks, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
- Occasionally stand/walk, twist/bend/stoop/squat, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, use a telephone, lift/carry
- /push/pull objects that weigh up to 11-20 pounds
- Rarely kneel/crawl, climb (ladders, scaffolds, or other), reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh > 40 pounds
- Requires 24-hour response availability seven days per week for emergency situations. May be exposed to noise > 80dB TWA.
- May working at heights 4 - 10 ft