Hardware Operator I - Swing
2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Hardware Operator I to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose. The company specializes in made-to-spec parts that are used in critical medical and transportation applications, which include the fabrication of large metal weldments, precision sheet metal fabrication, and CNC machining of small, medium, and large devices.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Hardware Operator I
Summary of Responsibilities
This position will receive training for and perform basic installation of hardware. Difference from lower level position. This is the entry-level position within the hardware department.
- Accepts and follows priorities assigned by the Hardware Lead and other Hardware Operators.
- Assists with workload in the hardware department, learning technique on the job for set-up and run from Hardware Operators and or Department Lead.
- Ensures hardware kits are complete before starting on job.
- Learns hardware callouts and to read blueprints on the job.
- Helps to keep hardware department area clean and orderly.
- Develop a working vocabulary of English language hardware terms.
- Must be able to learn to use dial calipers and have the ability to measure hardware.
Interacts with all Hardware Operators as a team.
Exercises proper judgment referring all decision making regarding a print deviation or hardware to the Hardware Lead or Shift Supervisor.
Receives direction from the Hardware Lead. May receive direction from other production Supervisors or Managers. This position does not supervise other personnel.
- Requires the ability to read and understand written documents.
- Three months sheet metal or similar work experience.
- Knowledge / Skills
- Must exhibit reasonable mechanical dexterity
- Basic arithmetic such as addition and subtraction.
- Certificates and Licenses
- None required.
Physical Requirements: Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Medium Work”, as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Suggested Competence Testing
Competence is determined by an interview and review of an applicant' s resume and/or application form, to be conducted by the hiring manager. The interviewer should ask questions which will determine that the applicant meets the minimum requirements of the job, and possesses the necessary knowledge and skill.