HPC/Cloud Computing Sr. Systems Admin
3355 Michelson Drive Suite 100 Irvine, CA 92612
Client Industry: Data Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Position: Senior System Administrator – Cloud Computing
Terms: 6 months contract to hire
About Us: Founded in 2001, Bayside Solutions was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
About the role: Our client in Irvine is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to aid with the deployment and support of High Performance Computing Solutions along with applications support. You will work cross functionally with a diverse team of development engineers across the globe. This position requires expertise within Linux/Unix computing solutions. The HPC solutions are deployed on premise and in cloud and comprise of both CPU and GPU based solutions. As a Senior System Administrator, you will be an SME for the UNIX/Linux operations and for the engineering application support teams. In this role, you will be tasked with providing expertise on best in class scalable deployment solutions and be an advocate for Open Source HPC and Linux solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise level Linux/UNIX systems administration, provisioning, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring with tools such as Nagios, Zenoss, SNMP, Ansible.
- Experience with installation, management and use of software such as compilers, scientific applications, batch schedulers, job resource, and application license and utilization managers.
- Experience with the installation, configuration, management, and use of high performance computers such as clusters of Linux boxes, large SMPs and large scale solutions of 1000’ s of computing cores.
- 3+ years of recent experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure cloud environments.
- Must possess strong documentation skills.
- Must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proven ability to influence and/or lead high performing/ geographically dispersed teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues.
- BS/BA preferred or equivalent experience.