2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Grind Operator to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform grinding and oscillation on thing aluminum welded parts.
- Perform grinding and oscillation on welded parts.
- Ensure proper handling and stacking of parts.
- Verify previous operations are completed and part counts are accurate.
- Check finished processes and ensures accurate part counts.
- Communicate weld voids and or cracks to the Lead Weld Operator or Weld Supervisor.
- May perform basic sheet metal operations in various departments as needed.
- Six months of deburr and or other related sheet metal experience is required.
- Six months of sheet metal grinding experience is required.
- Requires the ability to read and understand written documents and verbal instructions.
- Basic arithmetic such as addition and subtraction.
- Requires the ability to grind parts that meet or exceed quality standards.
- Ability to read and properly interpret blueprints including grind symbols.
- Requires 6 months previous experience using grinding tools such as 2” right angle grinder, 4” and 7” electric grinder, 5” oscillating sander.
- Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Light work”, however some may involve “ Medium Work” as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.