Global Project Manager, Clinical Development
770 Lindaro Street San Rafael, CA 94901
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Global Project Manager, Clinical Development to be part of our client’ s team in San Rafael. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Global Project Manager, Clinical Development?
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Following demonstrated success in the role, the PM may have the opportunity to manage multiple complex projects or studies with a higher degree of independence, and contribute significantly to Clinical Development Planning.
- May collaborate with Team Leaders to enable team development and follow-through of the Clinical Development Plan (e.g., partnering with, and gaining cross-functional alignment on, CDP deliverables) and/or Protocol execution plans.
- Facilitate team development and management of Program Risk Mitigation Plan ensuring execution and alignment of risk mitigation efforts.
- Build, maintain and control the cross functional timeline for the execution of Clinical Development Plan and/or protocol execution - highlight dependencies, milestones, deliverables, and critical path; create timeline scenarios as needed and facilitate cross-functional reviews.
- Identify and leverage interdependencies in short-, mid-, and long-term project and study plans.
- Collaborate with Study Team Leader to bring perspectives and decisions of the Study Team back to the CDT, as well as escalate issues identified by the study team to the CDT.
- Provide the broader CDT perspective and communication to the Study Team as needed to set context for the Study Team and the particular study being conducted.
- Ensure functions are tracking to key deliverable and milestone timelines.
- Propose, facilitate and implement plans to resolve issues and execute corrective actions.
- Organize and facilitate CDT meetings in collaboration with the CDT Leader (CDTL) and/or Study Team Leader (STL) - develop meeting agendas, issue meeting minutes, and track action items to completion with cross-functional Leads.
- Collaborate with the CDTL and/or STL to ensure all team members read, understand and execute their roles according to the team Charters.
- Indentify, communicate and escalate program-wide Study Team interdependencies, issues, perspectives and key decisions to both project and study teams as appropriate.
- Communicate objectives, plans and timelines to the CDT and Study Teams.
- Ensure execution of actions based on metrics and vendor issues.
- Contribute to and facilitate the development of appropriate metrics for the study team.
- Lead ad-hoc working groups that result from CDT and Study Teams' needs.
- Develop and manage steering committee meetings or clinical advisory boards in collaboration with Clinical Science.
- Work with Team Leaders to coordinate cross-functional activities from data generation through clinical study report development in collaboration with Biometrics, Clinical Medical Writing and other functions.
- Coordinate conducting Lessons Learned initiatives for the CDT, Study Teams or ad-hoc cross-functional teams.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA/BS in a scientific or technical field. Experience in lieu of education is accepted.
- Minimum of 4-8 years total relevant experience (including industry, project management, or academia), with at least 2+ years in a project management role.
- CAPM or comparable certification a plus.
- 0-2 years of experience in people management.
- Able to work on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Sound judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Uses professional concepts and company' s policies and procedures to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
- Experience with MS Project 2010, or similar scheduling software, required or proven skill at adapting to new software/technology. MS Project Server experience helpful.
- Pharma/biotech or related industry experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; adept at working as a part of an interdisciplinary team and skilled at negotiation and influencing others.