389 DNA Way, SSF20
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16329
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Functional Sourcing Manager to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Functional Sourcing Manager:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Evaluates functional project sourcing specific needs and how they can impact the current sourcing strategy(ies).
- Defines project/function- specific sourcing strategies with input from functional representatives, as appropriate.
- Leads the sourcing and contracting process, between the functions and potential vendors.
- Serves as primary contact to the PD functions for their sourcing requests.
- Provide outsourcing services in support of functional groups, to include the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, service provider identification, selection, bid presentation, bid analysis, contract development, change orders and issue management.
- Leads and conducts negotiations with vendors.
- Implements the procurement strategy and policies within functions.
- Ensures appropriate risk evaluation and mitigation while meeting business needs.
- Facilitates sourcing and contracting issue escalation and resolution. Guide stakeholders in identification and resolution of outsourcing issues.
- Ensure that agreements comply with all applicable Roche/Genentech/Procurement policies.
- Identify training needs related to service provider management and outsourcing process, including how to work most effectively with outsourcing service providers.
- Receive knowledge from Category Management on service provider services and capabilities and industry trends, and feedback to them.
- Participate in process improvement or other projects that enhance and streamline outsourcing and contracting processes, systems, tools and other resources
- Supports functions on sourcing and contracting on a daily basis.
- Draft service agreements, master agreements, CDAs/NDAs work orders, change orders, budgets, payment schedules, etc.
- Drive and negotiate savings when appropriate.
- Delivers trainings to teams or functions on sourcing and contracting processes.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent · Scientific/Business Degree
- 5+ years of experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively draft contracts, negotiate business terms and financial costs.
- High degree of customer focus for both internal and external customers and proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- General understanding of drug development process.
- Ability to work internationally and with multi-cultural teams.
- Management Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal.
- Effective management of cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to work within a matrix.
- Ability to work within a change management culture.
- Ability to facilitate conflict resolution.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast-paced environment