Flowcell Development Research Engineer
2841 Scott Boulevard Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Flowcell Development Research Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in Santa Clara. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Flowcell Development Research Engineer:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Flowcell process development and assembly.
- Characterization and metrology.
- Visual imaging/microscopy.
- Surface modification and characterization.
- Component quality checks.
- Test and failure analysis.
- Operation and evaluation of microfluidic characteristics.
- Prototype and fixture development.
- Project management.
- Data analysis and reporting.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or similar program from an accredited institution.
- Hands-on lab experience.
- Knowledge about surface properties and microfluidics.
- Experience with microscopy.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel or equivalent required.
- Process development and/or microfluidics knowledge or experience a plus.
- Familiarity with JMP, R, Matlab other statistics program a plus.