Our client is seeking a highly motivated candidate to join its BMS Engineering team. As a Firmware Engineer you will plan, execute, and implement the firmware for prototype and production battery modules and packs.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
BMS - Firmware Engineer
San Jose, Ca
• Perform integration of BMS firmware by working closely with battery pack team
• Design test methodology and perform tests to ensure product meets industry specifications and safety requirements
• Start to finish ownership of computer code for battery management, functional safety and fail-safe requirements – from specification to design, prototype, and manufacturing
• Develop requirements documentation and software change requests
• Collaborative work with mechanical, digital control, thermal design, and manufacturing
• Collaborate on controller architectural decisions to drive robust system design
• Advanced battery controls and new concept development
• 2+ years firmware development experience
• BS in EE/CE/CS, MS preferred, or equivalent experience and exceptional ability
• Proficient in C/C++ development for embedded systems
• Experience in development of digital and analog interfaces
• Familiar with GIT (or similar code repository) version control
• Experience in implementing RTOS
• Low level driver development (e.g. CAN, SPI, I2C, ADC, PWM)
• Background with debugging tools (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyzer, DMM).
• General familiarity with basic control theory and digital implementation of controls
• Experience with cross functional team interaction (technical and non-technical)
• Passion for BMS firmware for lithium ion battery systems
• Basic understanding of electric battery system and electrified vehicle operations
• Embedded programming of DSPs and FPGAs in real-time control applications