Facilities Operation Technician II
1035 O'Brien Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Facilities Operation Technician II
Menlo Park, CA
Publicly held gene therapy company committed to discovering and developing novel medicines that can offer life-changing benefits to patients living with rare diseases or diseases of the eye who currently have limited or burdensome treatment options. We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Facilities Operation Technician II to join our Facilities team in Menlo Park, California.
Provides advanced technical support to facilities maintenance and engineering, building (CMMS) system and equipment management systems (Rees system). Knowledgeable and capable of minor trades work (carpentry, plumbing, electrical) including HVAC, vacuum and other building utilities. Provides practical support to shipping\receiving, security and GxP operations within company objectives. A successful candidate will have the technical and tactical support to enable building and equipment to be serviced regularly, laboratory equipment to be run efficiently and facilities downtime to be minimized. This position will report to the Senior Facilities Manager.
- Maintain all building systems and equipment, including but not limited to, HVAC, CDA, vacuum, DI/RO, purified water systems, N2 systems, hot water boilers, chillers, electrical equipment, process control systems and neutralization system.
- Responded to emergency calls and equipment related problems. Interface with Building Management System to monitor, control and troubleshoot support to facilities operations.
- Oversees the management of third-party service providers to ensure compliance and completion of required job tasks.
- Work with Purchasing to obtain contract bids, negotiating contracts and pricing as necessary.
- Conduct minor repairs to the facilities and premises as assigned including painting, patching, office and kitchen equipment, furniture, walls, ceiling tiles, carpeting, floor tiles, etc.
- Implement facility security programs by distributing key fobs, providing building access, monitoring access records, assessing security infrastructure needs (security cameras, interlocks, alarms); and assessing and changing access schedules.
- Coordinate space management and planning activities including move coordination; space inventory; space allocation tracking; specifying set-ups; maximizing space utilization; providing input into the facilities renewal model; and capital plan implementation.
- Work closely and cooperatively with QC, PD, and Research departments to maintain and PM all lab support equipment; for example, vacuum, clean dry air, and UPS.
- Partners with lab managers in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Assist with set-up for company events and presentations as required.
- Interface with Federal, State, County, and City agencies as needed for ongoing operations.
- Maintain GxP, EPA, OSHA and FDA requirements as they apply to maintenance
- Provide support to shipping receiving and EHS teams.
- Suggests actions/methods for improving lab services and facilities related services in a proactive role and contributes to the quality-of-work environment through a positive attitude.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and or ability required
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and proficiency of PC skills, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- High energy level, positive attitude, and motivated individual
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
- Good understanding of Building management system fundamentals and software
- Good knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Software
- GMP experience a plus
- Ability to read and interpret basic, equipment schematics, operation and maintenance manuals.
Education and/or Experience:
- 6+ years direct experience in shipping\receiving and\or lab services.
- Ability to respond both orally and in writing to inquiries or complaints from employees of the company. Ability to follow operating procedures, documentation and correspondence internal to the company.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate under tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to learn safety and hazmat best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required