275 Shoreline Drive, suite 100 Redwood City, CA 94065
Our client in the San Francisco Bay Area is looking for an Executive Assistant to join their team!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Executive Assistant typically provides executive level support to a Senior Executive. This person will be relied upon to relieve the executive of day-to-day administrative tasks and will be the primary point of contact in the executive’ s office for internal and external parties.
• Independently manages administrative functions related to Executive’ s responsibilities, including anticipating needs and executing activities that provide relief from these duties.
• Serves as the primary contact for the Executive in order to triage requests, respond or refer issues to direct reports as appropriate.
• Communicates Executive’ s needs or requests in a proactive, politically correct fashion.
• Regularly interacts with Senior Management Group members and independently or in collaboration with SVP – prepares materials for internal and external governance interactions. Requires a general understanding of the content of materials and supporting processes in order to ensure quality.
• Manages administrative details such as scheduling, coordinating signatures (legal documents, contracts, etc.), presentations, expense reports, and travel.
• Filters, screens and synthesizes information in a clear and concise manner in order to communicate salient information for Executive decision making.
• Regularly arranges complex travel domestically and internationally which includes managing multiple time zones, airlines and custom issues. Proven experience of completing supporting expense reports.
• Prepares detailed itineraries reflecting business, outside professional associations, and personal commitments.
• Solves all administrative problems independent of Executive and acts quickly to achieve solutions.
• Manages complex and sensitive information.
• Heavy and rapidly changing calendaring, works with Executive and other staff to determine priorities and resolves schedule conflicts. Must also be able to resolve calendar issues independent of Executive.
• Reinforces image and professionalism of the Executive and organization through polished and professional communications and interactions.
• Handles confidential information including sensitive employee information, business deals, insider information, etc. Accesses and triages the Executives email and voicemail.
• Keeps phone logs that prioritize incoming calls for Executive to call back in efficient, timely manner.
• Composes correspondence on behalf of the executive (i.e., internal and external memos, email, etc.)
• Ensures consistent services and supports quality across the organization by providing leadership, guidance and training to other administrative staff members as needed.
• Participates in recruiting efforts by working with Staffing department and external agencies on scheduling of interviews, coordination of interview packets and hosting of candidate. Participates in on-boarding activities.
• Creates Powerpoint presentations and coordinates completion of Powerpoint materials by internal teams used by Executive (e.g. Collaboration partner EC Meetings, executive meetings, project teams, BOD).
• Creates, organizes and maintains up-to-date files (including enforcing records management policy) and complex database(s). Summarizes information to support Executive decision making.
• Arranges and attends off-site meetings when necessary.
• Sets up of all conference calls domestically and internationally. Responsible for ensuring materials are available for attendees.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in progressively increasing positions of responsibility, including minimum 3 years of support at the executive level. BA degree or equivalent.
• Ability to proactively combine working style with Executive, which means being available outside of normal work hours checking email, voicemail and taking care of admin details.
• Can maneuver through complex political situations in a sensitive thoughtful way.
• Must be able to deal with ambiguity and cope with change in a moment’ s notice.
• Ability to plan, anticipate and set goals around projects and objectives of job.
• Must be resourceful and have excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and take on new challenges as they arise.
• Proven experience of working in a highly confidential situation where information is sensitive internally and externally.
• Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure in a composed manner.
• Considerable diplomacy, influence and persuasion skills to achieve desired results. Ability to effectively communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels.
• Must have excellent customer-service orientation, high degree of professionalism and sophistication, and ability to work with little or no direction, strong team player.
• Must have demonstrated maturity in judgment and ability to provide guidance to others.
• Must be flexible, able to manage multiple tasks, and have strong attention to detail.
• Comfortably able to lead by example.
• Proven experience in managing complex travel, calendars and itineraries.
• High level of working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills a must
• Experience working in a biotech environment preferred.