Equipment Support Specialist
1080 U.S. Highway 202 Branchburg, NJ 08876
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Equipment Support Specialist to be part of our client’ s team in the Branchburg, New Jersey. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Equipment Support Specialist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Equipment Support Specialist performs scheduled maintenance, repairs and troubleshoots client branded analytical equipment and laboratory instruments to ensure systems maintains and continuously improves its state of GMP compliance. The Equipment Support Specialist will perform these tasks according to standard operating procedures under minimal supervision in a demanding work environment to meet the needs of internal customers.
- Part of a customer service team that provides support with existing equipment, acquiring new equipment and transfer of equipment throughout the site.
- Calibrates / performs preventative maintenance on process and laboratory instrumentation/client brand equipment. Meets all schedules for calibrations and preventative maintenance.
- Assists in troubleshooting and/or repairing of instrument or equipment problems.
- Exceptional technical writing ability, both handwritten and typed
- Ability to explain and describe (verbally and written/typed) all aspects of job responsibilities, including troubleshooting, repairs, maintenance and nonconformances
- Performs unscheduled calibration/preventive maintenance activities as needed to support owning departments.
- Assists in maintaining spare parts inventory required for performing calibrations/preventive maintenance
- Acts as lead or assists in maintaining service request TrackWise module
- Attends and participates in meetings that involve the company’ s corporate culture.
- Identifies and implements process improvements principles. Represents the area in project-based activities to support departmental goals.
- Conducts area investigations by writing evaluations to document non-conformance events when they occur.
- Keeps supervisor leader informed of equipment status, particularly of significant observations and results in critical areas.
- Performs work according to established internal SOPs, safety guidelines and regulations, and as specified by appropriate external regulatory agencies (i.e., OSHA, FDA).
- Establishes as appropriate internal/cross-functional/customer relationships.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS in science or engineering from an accredited university or college preferred. (Engineering Preferred)
- 1-2 years in medical device industry or similar GMP environment, preferably “ hands on” experience with analytical equipment or laboratory instrument maintenance.
- Important skills required some experience in technical repairs/calibrations or maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills.
- Positive attitude
- Great team player
- Technical writing skills
- Who are you: You are someone who wants to influence your own development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.