300 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Epidemiologist to be part of our client’ s team in Marin County. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise in Epidemiology to develop and maintain a Real World Evidence strategy to support products from clinical development through licensing, market access, and lifecycle management. Specific activities include:
- Participates in new drug development programs as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the areas of Real World Evidence & Epidemiology
- Evaluation and monitoring of literature in therapy area as well as advancements in Epidemiology methods and policy/acceptance of Real World Evidence by regulators/payors
- Critically appraise existing epidemiology evidence and create new evidence through delivery of specific research protocols and analysis of healthcare databases and prospective burden of illness studies
- Improve disease understanding relevant to the target patient population: incidence, prevalence, risk factors, natural history disease course, burden of illness, treatment patterns, co-morbidities, co-medications, outcomes measures, phenotypes, biomarkers and unmet need, and their variations across demographics and geographies
- Support post marketing activities: Conduct of post marketing post authorization safety studies and post marketing effectiveness studies/registries, epidemiology studies for safety signal detection, evaluation of risk mitigation strategies
- Develop strong partnerships with internal stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary framework (Market Access, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development and Commercial functions) to support Real World Evidence needs
- Develop and negotiate research plans with external collaborators in academia or contract research organizations and work effectively to oversee external groups through the research process
- Effectively communicate study findings to an internal and external audience base
- Extend a track record of external publications in peer review journals and international congresses
- Develop SOPs, guidelines, and templates to support conduct of Real World Evidence and Epidemiology studies
- A combination of academic training and practical experience in epidemiology is required. This may consist of:
- Doctoral degree (PhD, ScD, or DrPH) or Master’ s of Public Health in Epidemiology (MPH) (Preferred)
- Clinical degree (ie. Medicine, pharmacy, nursing) and a master degree in Epidemiology with at least 5 years of experience leading epidemiologic research
- Master’ s degree in a relevant discipline (ie. Health services research, health outcomes research, public health, statistics, or pharmaceutical sciences) with at least 5 years of experience leading epidemiologic research
- Demonstrated experience conducting pharmaco-epidemiologic research within or in support of the pharmaceutical industry
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently to develop credibility with colleagues, as well as interact effectively in multi-disciplinary matrix teams
- Experience in collaborating with research partners
- Ability to work well in a business-driven environment, balance priorities and handle multiple tasks through careful planning, stakeholder management, project administration, and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate scientific evidence to peers and at scientific meetings
- Record of high quality, peer reviewed epidemiology or outcomes research publications preferred.
- Experience in the epidemiology of rare diseases or genetic epidemiology a benefit