Enzyme Engineer Research Associate
Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Direct Hire
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Enzyme Engineering RA to be a part of our partner’ s team in the Pleasanton Area. They are a gene editing technology company developing a family of CRISPR enzymes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Enzyme Engineering RA
Responsible for the discovery and optimization of the enzymes that drive innovation.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Construct high quality gene variant libraries and optimize protocols for library construction
- Run assay processes for key phenotypes, including preparing samples for Next-gen sequencing
- Work closely with automation engineers to execute these workflows on laboratory automation workstations
- Provide general lab and data analysis support for an Enzyme Engineering Scientist
- B.Sc. in a life sciences related discipline
- 2+ years of hands-on laboratory experience, preferably in an industry setting
- Experience running and optimizing basic molecular biology protocols including PCR, DNA purification, transformation and DNA sequencing
- Some familiarity with software and data tools such as Python, C++, SQL
- Experience with laboratory automation is desirable but not a requirement
- Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams