Environmental Health Safety and Sustainability Specialist II
300 Bel Marin Keys Blvd. Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Environmental Health Safety and Sustainability Specialist II to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Environmental Health Safety and Sustainability Specialist II:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Gathers and organizes data from multiple sources into spreadsheets
- Authors technical programs and procedures
- Manages documents in a database and on a webpage
- Coordinates meetings and training with other departments
- Organizes and manages assigned work, goals and milestones
- Conducts walk-through safety inspections of laboratories, contractors, etc.
- Participates in company meetings and provides requested information
- Conducts incident investigations to determine root cause and corrective actions
- Performs tasks independently at the request of the supervisor
- Performs tasks as a team member and works to build rapport with others
- Assists in the delivery of emergency response training and evacuation
- Helps to prepare the emergency equipment and protocols needed to run the emergency response program
- Assigns training and documents completed training
- Takes direction from supervisor and provides the desired results on time
- Completes internal training requirements
- Uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed
Summary of Qualifications:
- An associate' s degree and over 10 years of experience in environmental, health, safety (EH&S) or acting as project manager or lead for projects that include EH&S as an integral aspect, or
- A bachelor' s degree and 6-8 years of experience in EH&S, or
- A master' s degree and 4-6 years of experience in EH&S
- Requires a basic knowledge of EHS&S responsibilities, regulations and requirements
- Uses Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs with skill and ease
- Researches regulations and procedures through the internet and code books