1601 Willow Road, Bldg 14.3 Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Location: Menlo Park
Job Duration: 6- 12M Contract
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
About Our Client
If you love staying connected with friends and family, then this is the place for you. As an international brand, our client constantly strives to empower individuals around the world to express the things that matter to them most.
As a team member of the Data Engineering group, you will partner with cross functional teams and have an impact on transforming data into insightful information. If you’ re passionate about data and discovering its stories, this is the role for you!
Here’ s why you’ re a great fit!
- You understand the BI workflows across multiple tiers of data - realtime, batch, ETL, cubes, visualization.
- You have previous experience with building tools and frameworks to monitor internal and external data stacks.
- You are no stranger to performing root-cause analysis of BI SLA issues, and prioritizing development efforts.
- A massive Data Warehouse that will need dependable and efficient data pipelines to move data of all sizes.
- Data pipelines that REQUIRE YOUR ABILITY to build and maintain its data quality.
- Customers that NEED YOUR GUIDANCE in constructing new data models, providing insightful analytics.
- Stakeholders and team members that NEED YOUR EXPERTISE to digest and understand data in a fast pace environment.
- Cross functional teams that will NEED YOUR INVOLVEMENT and YOUR ABILITY to provide end to end solutions.
- 3+ years' experience working with Big Data analytics platforms (such as Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Map/Reduce, Presto, Sqoop)
- 3+ years' experience working with RDBMS databases (such as Oracle, Vertica, DB2, MSSQL, MySQL)
- 3+ years' experience in with Python
- Experience with software development tools (git/hg, build/integration, testing tools)
- Experience with data streaming (Scribe, pTail, Spark, Hadoop Streaming)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
Your Competitive Advantage:
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning.
- Experience with Data Modeling / Data Architecture.
- Experience with API design/development (such as SOAP, REST, and Thrift).
- Experience with Linux systems administration.