Embedded Firmware Engineer
915 Linda Vista Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Embedded Firmware Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in the Mountain View area. This is an opportunity to work with a growing company on a mission to bring fun, fast, simple transportation to everyone through lightweight, electric vehicles.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
Embedded Firmware Engineer
- An opportunity to work with a growing company on a mission to bring fun, fast, simple transportation to everyone through lightweight, electric vehicles.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
- Specify, design, and implement firmware components of a state-of-the-art light electric vehicle.
- Work with a cross-functional team of electrical, mechanical, and test engineers to develop our newest products.
- Implement key protocol, signal processing and numerical algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets.
- Evaluate and implement leading edge tools for build, formal verification and test.
- Help define methodologies and best practices.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of embedded firmware development experience for consumer electronics and/or automotive applications.
- Experience bringing up hardware and debugging embedded systems; familiarity using in-circuit debugging, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Expert with embedded C, compilers, build and source code control tools.
- Significant experience with memory constrained microcontroller systems
- Experience with standard embedded communication protocols; I2C, SPI, UART, and CAN
- Demonstrated competence with higher level scripting and programming languages; python preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in electrical engineering, computer science, related fields, with 5+ years of professional experience.
- Experience working with Microchip PICs, specifically the dsPIC family.
- Work with wireless communication protocols, specifically BLE.
- Prior work on either motor control or battery management systems.
- Signal processing and/or control system expertise.
- Prior work experience with consumer electronics.