2701 Orchard Pkwy
Industry: Light Industrial
Job Number: 15292
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Electro-Mechanical Technician to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose. This is an opportunity to work with a company that makes an on-going effort to use progressive practices, including manufacturing " cells" and demand-flow technology.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This position incorporates all of the responsibilities required of an Electro-Mechanical Assembler 2, plus the following
- Trouble-shoots complex electro-mechanical assemblies which fail test or which are returned for refurbishment. Determines cause of failure and repairs/replaces components necessary to restore function
- Performs sophisticated product testing using established methods and fixtures, and assists in design of testing methods and procedures
- Visits customer manufacturing sites in order to do field diagnostics and/or field replacement of failed components.
- Assembles complex new products with more difficult, poorly documented, and/or verbal customer instructions, and assists engineering staff in preparing MPI (Manufacturing Process Instructions). May work with customer engineering staff in assembling new products and developing assembly procedures.
- Reads, understands, interprets, and accurately follows complex written assembly instructions without assistance
- Participates in department meetings, identifies barriers to efficient operations, and need for additional or improved tools, fixtures, or methods, and communicates improvement ideas to area lead or supervisor
Education and Experience
- Requires 5 years of previous assembly work, at least 3 years of which must be in directly related Electro-Mechanical products, and at least 1 year of which must have included troubleshooting of EM assemblies
- AA or equivalent two year degree in electronics, electrical, or mechanical theory or engineering. Additional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge / Skills:
- read, write and perform basic arithmetic problems
- understand complex written and verbal instructions
- use basic hand, electric, and pneumatic tools used in performing specific operator requirements
- use and understand the theory of basic electrical test equipment such as VOM without supervision
- read and interpret blue prints and or schematics
- Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Light work”, however some may involve “ Medium Work” as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.