Electro - Mechanical Assembler 1
2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Electro - Mechanical Assembler 1 to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Electro- Mechanical Assembler 1
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for building electro-mechanical products in accordance with customer supplied assembly documentation and Vander-Bend Manufacturing standards. Record and maintain assembly inspection and testing records.
- Assembles mechanical, electrical, and electronic parts and components into higher level products.
- Follows written or electronic assembly instructions which may be in the form of “ MPI” s” (Manufacturing Process Instructions), blueprints, and verbal instructions.
- Uses primarily hand tools for assembly, including mechanical tools such as manual, battery, and pneumatic screwdrivers, wrenches, and riveters, as well as electrical assembly tools such as crimpers, cutters, and hand soldering equipment.
- Sets up work area, selects tools required to complete the operation.
- Assures accurate logging of labor hours and accurate part quantities into Visual Manufacturing ERP.
- Reviews completion of previous operations and notifies the lead if omission or discrepancy from a previous operation is detected.
- Ensures proper handling and stacking of parts to avoid damage.
- Cleans work area.
- Participates in department meetings, identifies barriers to efficient operations, and need for additional or improved tools, fixtures, or methods, and communicates improvement ideas to area lead or supervisor.
- Requires 4-5 years of previous experience in mechanical assembly inspection.
- High School Diploma or certified Inspector Certificate from Trade School.
- Be able to read and analyze basic arithmetic problems.
- Understand moderately complex written and verbal instructions.
- Read and interpret blueprints and or schematics.
- Use basic hand, electric, and pneumatic tools used in performing specific operator requirements.
- Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Light work”, however some may involve “ Medium Work” as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.