315 Bonair Siding Standford, CA 94305
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Electrician Lead to be part of our Client’ s team in the Palo Alto area. This is an opportunity to work with one of the world’ s premier research institutions. They seek people committed to excellence and driven to make the world a better place. If this sounds like you, you’ ve come to the right place.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
The Electrician Job Family includes positions in which the major duties involve the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems and equipment and if permitted, new construction and remodels. Employees in this job family perform journey level work concerned with the proper technical installation, operation and maintenance of electrical systems in university buildings, fire alarm and street lighting systems, communications systems, etc. Assignments may involve work on overhead lines, high voltage cables and other situations with some hazard.
- Lead and direct two or more Electrician Maintenance and/or Electrician Specialist in addition to performing the duties specified for the Electrician Specialist classification.
- Employees at this level do not have supervisory authority over other employees and are not expected to exercise independent judgment on final decisions regarding quality or quantity of work produced by such employees, or personnel actions such as hiring, promotion, discharge or disciplinary measures.
- Assign and explain tasks to workers based on instructions specifications received from supervisor
- Inspect work for conformance with specifications
- Train employees to meet quality and quantity standards
- Advise supervisor of work progress
- Promote adherence to safety rules
- May perform any of the duties described in the Electrician Specialist specification or other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Required:
- This skill level is generally associated with 7 years of experience in the trade, with several years spent working in an appropriate specialized area, and/or in special training
- Journey level knowledge equivalent to four years completion in an approved electrician apprenticeship program or a combination of equivalent education and work experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate instructions to others
- Ability to use computers and other electronic devices and learn departmental programs for planning, scheduling and documenting work
- Compliance with, federal, state and local electrical and work safety standards
- Ability to create and read wiring diagrams, single-line and three-line diagrams
- Working knowledge of the theory of operations of various types of communications systems, motors, illumination systems, power systems, heating appliances and other electrical equipment
- Must have knowledge of NFPA and CAL-OSHA standards on electrical and work safety procedures.
- Experience in electrical construction and the installation, maintenance, and operations of a wide variety of electrical equipment such as that described above
- Must have ability to use a variety of tools and instruments such as hand tools of the trade: voltmeter, ohmmeter, current meter, motor analyzer, megger, circuit tracing equipment, hydraulic bending equipment, motorized cable pulling equipment, etc
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Electrician Specialist must have sufficient experience in a wide variety of electrical work to work independently, without assistance most of the time and give direction, instruction and support to others
- May be required to have experience in electronic and microprocessor based controls, relays, interpretation of electronic schematics, variable frequency drives, motor control centers or other specialized areas listed above