Director of Facilities
1035 O'Brien Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Our client in Menlo Park is looking to have a Director of Facilities join their growing team!
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Director of Facilities
- An opportunity to significantly impart the future of the company’ s operations
- A competitive base salary
- On the job training, both in person/online
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for the effective uninterrupted support of Facilities operational activities
- Will be responsible for the Plant facilities budget
- Ensures and conducts proper staff training
- Develops resource plans that meet operational goals in terms of safety, quality, output and cost
- Responsible for maintaining the facility in compliance with local, county, state, and federal regulations
- Manages, plans, and coordinates the preventive maintenance and the repairs of the electrical, mechanical, HVAC, security systems as well as other related building systems
- Manages staff of maintenance technicians and oversees contractors to ensure their compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws, company policies and procedures, and current Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Makes project/work assignments with communication of the expected timeline and monitors the progress against the timelines
- Plans work schedule to maintain safe, clean, and healthy conditions on company property to achieve the best working environment possible for employees and visitors.
- Provides troubleshooting support as needed
- Effectively communicates with clients, regulatory agencies (FDA, EMA etc.) and internal project teams
- Solves complex regulatory, mechanical, electrical, and electronic issues/questions.
- Responsible for optimizing resource allocation and prioritization of maintenance activities
- Provides overall directions and sets priorities for the site improvement projects and activities
- Plans and coordinates major maintenance activities including scheduled Plant shutdowns
- Conducts scheduled performance reviews and assessments for direct reports
- Represents site Facility Operations organization at all internal and external audits
- Ensures equipment availability is adequate to meet the organization’ s requirements. Central plant services (Chilled Water, Heating Hot Water, DI Water). HVAC air distribution and management, Building Management System, Standby Generator, support equipment. Chillers, boilers, air handlers, exhaust fans, pumps, sensors, fan coils, emergency generator, air compressors, vacuum pumps, DI water plant, building controls, setting and schedules. Optimize energy.
- BS degree with 6+ years of pharmaceutical facilities experience and 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Strong leadership, performance management and employee development skills.
- Strong facility-related (e.g. mechanical, electrical) assessment and troubleshooting skills.
- GMP experience and safety knowledge (understanding of OSHA requirements)
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of MS Office packages. Preventative Maintenance, BMS software a plus
- Strong project management skills (i.e. budget tracking, schedule development and adherence, project reporting, etc.)
- Demonstrated communication, administrative and leadership skills with ability to work well with other departments, and effectively and efficiently lead in a team environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand, implement, and monitor regulatory and safety guidelines applicable to the pharmaceutical industry.