320 DNA Way
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15973
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Direct Materials and CMO Order and Supply Manager to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Direct Materials and CMO Order and Supply Manager
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage the performance process for SDP (Supplier Delivery Performance) and DeP (Delivery Performance) for assigned products. Lead RCA (Root Cause Analysis) processes and ensure corrective actions are implemented effectively
- Budget monitoring and Contract Fees reporting
- Responsible for ALPIN and Artworks request coordination
- Lead planning meetings and discussions with CMOs to review forecasts and CMO’ s capacity to understand CMO’ s ability to meet company requirements
- Provide CMO planning assumptions to Supply Planners to correctly represent CMO capabilities in planning system
- Represent Supply Chain Operations and participate in contract negotiations related to Supply Chain topics
- Ensure right level of produced inventory in collaboration with SP and PSCO, FOC inventory and excipients in collaboration with internal and external sites, direct materials inventory in collaboration with SP and internal sites
- Manage Inbound and Outbound Logistics and prioritize shipments with 4PL or carriers as required
- Per product, coordinate material code creation, maintenance and retirement with respective Master Data organization
- Represent CMO aspects within the PSCTs and support JMTs of the assigned CMOs
- Participate on direct material category teams and support strategic initiatives – VICs, strategic purchases, VMI, LT reductions, life cycle management, SKU rationalization
- Proactively partner with Master Production Planners, Site Schedulers, Procurement, QC, QA, and Suppliers to communicate and address supply issues and ensure materials are available on time to support operations
- Own and manage scheduling and planning of production at (with) the assigned CMOs based on forecasts
- Monitor adherence to overall contractual commitments with respect to supply chain
- Establish MOQ in collaboration with Supply Chain stakeholders
- Perform all transactions related to order conversion, managing sales and purchase orders, order changes, receiving material, managing returns and psychotropic license management
- Provide proactive information to Supply Chain stakeholders in case the defined delivery lead times are not met
- Support cross-regional R3P transactions as required
- Review MRP exception messages daily and take appropriate action to ensure continuity of supply
- Understanding of Lean Production System (LPS) elements and methods
- Team player, work is performed under limited direction and guidance, with general instructions on new assignments, participate in developing course of action that may impact multiple functions in the organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management in pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelor degree in life science, business, industrial engineering or equivalent required
- Six Sigma certification (green belt) a plus
- Experience using ERP systems such as SAP
- Project Management experience a plus
- APICS certification (or equivalent) a plus