Direct Materials and CMO Order and Supply Manager
320 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Direct Materials and CMO Order and Supply Manager to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Direct Materials and CMO Order and Supply Manager:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage the performance process for SDP (Supplier Delivery Performance) and DeP (Delivery Performance) for assigned products.
- Lead RCA (Root Cause Analysis) processes and ensure corrective actions are implemented effectively.
- Budget monitoring and Contract Fees reporting.
- Responsible for ALPIN and Artworks request coordination.
- Lead planning meetings and discussions with CMOs to review forecasts and CMO’ s capacity to understand CMO’ s ability to meet requirements.
- Provide CMO planning assumptions to Supply Planners to correctly represent CMO capabilities in Planning system.
- Represent Supply Chain Operations and participate in contract negotiations related to Supply Chain topics.
- Perform inventory reconciliation.
- Perform proactive inventory allowance and write off avoidance and coordination.
- Ensure correct and compliant set-up of material flow of FOC material to support production needs.
- Monitor status of all inventory at FHLR owned inventory at the site to ensure efficient usage and on-time delivery of Roche requirements.
- Ensure right level of produced inventory in collaboration with SP and PSCO.
- Ensure right level of FOC inventory and excipients in collaboration with internal and external sites.
- Ensure right level of direct materials inventory in collaboration with SP and internal sites.
- Manage Inbound and Outbound Logistics and prioritize shipments with 4PL or carriers as required.
- Per product, coordinate material code creation, maintenance and retirement with respective Master Data organization.
- Represent CMO aspects within the PSCTs and support JMTs of the assigned CMOs.
- Participate on direct material category teams and support strategic initiatives – VICs, strategic purchases, VMI, LT reductions, life cycle management, SKU rationalization.
- Proactively partner with Master Production Planners, Site Schedulers, Procurement, QC, QA, and Suppliers to communicate and address supply issues and ensure materials are available on time to support operations.
- Perform all transactions related to order conversion, managing sales and purchase orders, order changes, receiving material, managing returns and psychotropic license management.
- Provide proactive information to Supply Chain stakeholders in case the defined delivery lead times are not met.
- Support cross-regional R3P transactions as required.
- Review MRP exception messages daily and take appropriate action to ensure continuity of supply.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in life science, business, industrial engineering or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management in pharmaceutical industry.
- Six Sigma certification (green belt) a plus.
- Experience using ERP systems such as SAP.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- APICS certification (or equivalent) a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English, further languages a plus.
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate win/win solutions both within and across organizations.
- Applies a complete understanding of Biotech/pharmaceutical industry standards, supply chain and GMP manufacturing practices to independently address a broad range of difficult problems.
- Exhibit continuous improvement mindset and innovative thinking.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully utilize established business processes and systems.
- Ability to identify the key issues of a problem, approach problem solving analytically and systematically to reach optimal solutions and implement plans of action.
- Understanding of Lean Production System (LPS) elements and methods.
- Work is performed under limited direction and guidance, with general instructions on new assignments.
- Participate in developing course of action that may impact multiple functions in the organization.