1541 Industrial Rd San Carlos, CA 94070
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Development Scientist to be part of our Client’ s team in the Peninsula. This is an opportunity to work with a molecular diagnostics company that engages in the detection and monitoring of life threatening viral diseases in the areas of cervical cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, breast and ovarian cancer, and organ transplant rejection.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a company focused on the development and delivery of novel, targeted drugs for treating a variety of therapeutic areas.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in the beautiful South San Francisco area.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Utilize cell-based molecular techniques to develop products for IVD use
- Conduct feasibility studies of the design to determine ability to function as intended
- Plan and conduct studies to optimize assay parameters and product configuration
- Plan and conduct testing to verify assay performance and validate product intended use
- Accurately document experimental results, write protocols and reports to support the Design History File for the product
- Support external studies to generate data of product in clinical or research sites
- Work with suppliers to identify suitable raw materials for use in product configuration
- Perform stability studies to establish product storage conditions and shelf life
- Maintain organized lab notebooks and study records
- Support marketing materials for product launches e.g. publications, brochures, conference abstracts
- Support fellow scientists in study planning, protocol writing, data review, and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with Technical Operations and QC team to ensure accurate transfer of product design to production
- Support on-going manufacturing and filed operations by performing investigations and troubleshooting as needed
- Use of Biosafety Level 2 practices for potentially hazardous biological materials
- Perform benchtop lab work with repetitive manual tasks and while maintaining detailed visual observations
- BS in molecular biology/biochemistry or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Technical proficiency in cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Experience working in Biosafety Level 2 laboratory setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and innovative environment
- Experience with molecular diagnostic product or clinical assay development desired
- Experience working in a GMP environment or FDA-regulated industrial setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques desired
- Flow Cytometry experience is a plus
- Comfortable in a quick paced environment, able to shift priorities
Work conditions and physical requirements
- The work is performed indoors, in a biology laboratory and a general office environment.
- Minimum use of hazardous and/or toxic chemicals and potentially hazardous biological materials.
- Some tasks require the ability to work extended periods of time on a computer.
- The employee must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.