2841 Scott Boulevard Santa Clara, CA 95050
Bayside Solutions is seeking a DevOps Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop and commercialize novel drugs for treating rare diseases.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- You will implement and improve of software development practices, release management methodologies and software deployment strategies; optimizing and fine tuning for best ' uptime' and performance. You will actively interface with software developers, product managers, test engineers, administrators on projects and provide on-call support. You should be able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively, sometimes under pressure. Responsibilities include capacity planning, performance tuning, and automation/tools development.
- Deploy Roche Sequencing Solutions (RSS) products to Dev, Test, and production environments in the cloud (AWS).
- Manage all services, including github, AWS, Okta, product micro-services; building infrastructure around these to make them more consistent and less manual – more automated.
- Ensure the development and production infrastructure is robust and secure. Secure processing of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Personal Health Information (PHI) is critical.
- Build and deploy monitoring tools for systems we use for development and production.
- Escalate customers' technical product issues to the engineering team for troubleshooting and resolution.
- Participate in product design and development, customer training, and support as needed.
- Setup tools like SaltStack, OpenStack, ELK Stack, Vault, LDAP
- Setup infrastructure like AWS, HAProxy, and VPCs
- Evaluate, plan, and implement new infrastructure
- Work with Project Teams, Product Management, Development, and Testing teams to understand needs and investigate issues.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D in computer science or equivalent
- Experience working with dynamic development teams in an agile environment.
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, Vagrant, AWS CloudFormation).
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting web servers, proxies, and load balancers like node.js, nginx, HAProxy, ELB.
- Experience working with security technologies and tools (SAST, DAST, Dome9, Qualys, Arachni).
- Ability to translate product requirements into robust and secure Infrastructure implementations.