560 Mission St #1300 San Francisco, CA 94105
6 Month Contract
About the Role:
You will be working as part of the DevOps team to automate application' s deployment. Your experience and scripting skills will be needed to help us automate the scaling and management of server resources, implement code for zero-downtime deployments and to facilitate DevOps practices. This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a unique individual who possesses a solid development, deployment and operations background.
- Work closely with Development, Operations and Release Management teams.
- Automate, implement, administer, and maintain, continuous development and continuous deployment systems.
- In depth knowledge of build and deployment automation technologies.
- An attitude and ability to take ownership and deliver a high quality product, on time.
- A strong bias for action, and shipping product.
- Required Skills:
Must have Requirements:
- Experience of Cloud Foundry configuration, concepts and management.
- 2+ years of containerization technology, with the skills to configure, and manage container platforms.
- 4+ years’ work experience or strong knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience of implementing DevOps in multiple companies.
- Experience in DevOps Architectural decisions, tools selection, best practices.
- Constant research and learning on new tools and technologies in DevOps space.
- Experience of continuous build automation, with the skills to configure and manage a Jenkins build server and set up and run builds.
- Experience of coding chef cookbooks given a set of deployment specifications at expert skill level.
- Experience with Linux/Unix Administration with an ability to code shell, and either perl or python scripts.
- Experience with a maven, and an artifact repository such as Sonotype or Artifactory.
- Experience of scripting a build for an application based on a set of specifications.
- Experience with revision control systems - git, github, subversion with an emphasis on creating configurations using branching and tagging.
- An appreciation of REST, multi-tier application' s architecture, micro-services and NodeJS.
- Familiarity with Git, AWS, Jenkins Pipelines, Code Deploy.
- An understanding of Jira, Kanban boards and agile development.
- Experience with Release Management.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an " always-up, always-available" environment.
- On-call responsibilities on a rotation basis is a requirement.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Nice to have read " The Phoenix Project."
- A passion for the development and deployment of high-quality services with correctness and robustness.