1015 20th St
Industry: Information Technology
Job Number: 15943
Client Industry: Technology
Location: Sacramento, CA
Position: Desktop Support Technician
Duration: 2-3 months contract
About the role:
Our client, located in Sacramento, is looking for a Desktop Support Technician for a 2-3 month project. This person will be doing mostly local desktop support and also some video conferencing function, which entails setting up and supporting video conference meetings.
Most of these meetings will have at least one executive on them, so this is somewhat high profile. This person will need to have an excellent understanding and proficiency in troubleshooting teleconferencing technologies - Cisco video collaboration, Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, WebEx, Zoom, Acano.
- Provide onsite/remote technical support during business hours and off hours via on-call to end users and VIP’ s
- Troubleshoot and install computers, mobile devices and applications in a PC to Macintosh environment
- IMAC (Installs, Moves, Adds and Changes) and managed the hardware Inventory
- Provide support for A/V in Conference rooms, network printers, MFP & plotters, and Graphic Design tools
- Contribute to deployment of new systems: Office 365, BitLocker Encryption, JAMF/Casper installation
- Win 10 Upgrades
- Either doing actual OS upgrades for non-compliant systems or helping with our RFT’ s workloads so RFT’ s can focus on Windows 10 upgrades to meet our deadline in a few weeks.
- Boneyard runs
- Move old equipment over to the boneyard for disposal.
- BitLocker Encryption
- Either helping with encrypting non-compliant laptops or helping with our RFT’ s workloads so RFT’ s can focus on encrypting non-compliant laptops.
- Gen 3 Dev Kits
- Help with collecting, inventorying, and preparing Gen 3 Dev Kits for shipment back to Sony/MS.
- Visceral equipment move
- Help with distributing equipment from Visceral to Maxis/Scorpion/other teams.