Desktop/Device Support Tech 2 - IS
350 30th Street Oakland, CA 94609
Field Service Technician
San Francisco Bay Area
Travel across client’ s BAY AREA locations will be required. Flexible hours including weekends required.
- Assists with providing problem resolution, analysis, specifications and configurations, coordination, testing, and installation of computer/mobile device based software, peripherals, local area networks (LAN) and other peripheral equipment.
- May assist with informal training of computer/mobile device users. Assists in the maintenance of asset control and adherence to departmental / system policy directives and maintains the highest level of data security.
- Works with other IS team members to provide timely support services to the user and receive, log-in, document, and close-out trouble calls using the service tracking tool(s).
- Coordinates tasks and activities with other departments/sections and vendors as appropriate or directed.
- Formulates service support efforts based on customer schedule needs.
- Maintains courteous rapport and friendly customer relations; communicates with users at their level of understanding.
- Maintains confidentiality of all data per Company policies. Hardware Assists with analyzing, defining specifications, configuring, coordinating, installing, repairing and testing computer/mobile devices, peripheral equipment (including but not limited to: projectors, scanners, and other multimedia equipment) and LAN interfaces.
Skills and Qualifications
- Troubleshooting Provides first level problem resolution for enterprise/system-wide computer/mobile device hardware, operating system software, application programs, peripheral equipment, and LAN interfaces.
- Within general guidelines, manages priorities based upon severity, workflow, and time constraints.
- Works with other Desktop Support staff, Network Engineers, and system/program application personnel to resolve technical issues as required.
- Assists with analyzing and defining specifications for user computer/mobile device requirements.
- Configures and installs new hardware and upgrades to existing user system components.
- Ensures proper configuration and performance of installed computer/mobile devices.
- Coordinates installation of computer/mobile devices and peripherals with vendors.
- Assists with the accuracy and integrity of the asset control process. Software Performs installation of approved software on computer/mobile devices, following the standard procedures.
- Coordinates installation of computer/mobile device software with customers.
- Configures and installs software upgrades/fixes or patches. System Maintenance
- Assists with evaluation, analysis and maintenance of computer/mobile devices to meet Companies enterprise technical and security standards.
- Under direction and supervision, maintains the proper updates and OS patch configurations.