2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Deburr Operator to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Deburr Operator 2
Summary of Responsibilities
This is the highest working position in the deburr series. Under minimal supervision, responsible for edge deburring, graining, tumbling and cleaning of sheet metal or machined parts.
Difference from lower level position
The Deburr Operator 2 knows most deburr tasks and can determine the appropriate deburr tasks directly from prints or routing without direction from the lead. The lower position, Deburr Operator 1 requires a Lead or Operator 2 to determine the appropriate deburr method.
- Without direction, determines the appropriate method and does some or all of the following:
- Edge deburrs and tumbles parts to customer requirements and/or Vander-Bend Manufacturing cosmetic class specifications
- Applies both cosmetic and non-cosmetic grained finishes to sheet metal. May set up “ Steelmaster” grainer. May operate stroke-sander for highly cosmetic grained finishes
- Executes these skills at a high level, including the most challenging and difficult parts
- Accepts and follows priorities assigned by the Deburr Lead
- Ensures proper handling and stacking of parts
- Checks finished processes and ensures accurate count
- Keeps deburr and timesaver areas clean and orderly
- Notifies the Deburr Lead when abrasives inventory is low
- Upon request, provides direction and/or training to Deburr Operator Trainees and Deburr Operator I
Notifies the Deburr Lead if discrepancy from a previous operation is determined.
Reports to the Deburr Lead. May provide training and direction to Deburr Operator Trainees and Deburr Operator I.
Job Requirements - Education and Experience:
- Minimum 6 months experience in sheet metal or machining deburr or a closely related job Knowledge / Skills
- Demonstrated high level skill in the use of hand and powered deburr tools, including files, air grinder, oscillating sander, tumbler
- Can determine appropriate deburr methods from documentation alone (prints and routers)
- Exceptional productivity may substitute for specific skills. Highly productive individuals should be considered for promotion to Deburr Operator 2 even if they fall short of having all required skills
Physical Requirements: Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Medium Work”, however some may involve “ Heavy Work” as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects