1625 W Fountainhead Parkway Tempe, AZ 85282
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and perform database configuration, maintenance, upgrade and patching.
- Perform diagnostics, testing, and troubleshooting of software, o/s, and database issues (ex. correcting installation, configuration, or data problems).
- Designs and implements enhancements to existing databases. Works on extended assignments to debug or fix major database problems.
- Performs logical and physical data modeling and transaction analysis.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive library of all supporting documentation, and initiates corrective action to ensure all database servers meet or exceed processing requirements for performance and reliability.
- Manages effective working relationships with the internal customers from a variety of IS application areas. Monitor the system, and act upon system and application automated alerts.
- Monitor, collect statistical information, and provide reporting on capacity and system performance. Perform and manage system and database backups.
- At least 7 years of Experience with Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in providing technical support, covering database administration and operations to include monitoring maintenance capacity, performance monitoring/planning and incident/problem troubleshooting and resolution
- Understanding of Help Desk tools and trouble ticket tracking processes.
- Understanding of support agreements and their implied service levels