2530 Arnold Drive Suite 300 Martinez, CA 94553
Client Industry: Healthcare
Location: Martinez, CA
Position: SQL Server Database Administrator
Terms: 6 months contract to hire
Interview process: SQL DBA online assessment, phone interview, onsite meeting
About us: Founded in 2001, Bayside Solutions has been recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
About the role: This is a contract to hire SQL DBA opportunity within the client’ s BI team. In addition to providing support and administration for the client’ s databases, you will be responsible for data mining, reporting and providing operational support
- Support of Microsoft 2003/2008/2012 server
- Support of SQL Server 2016
- Support of Data Warehouses and Lakes, BOE, and related systems
- Setup, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, recovery, and ongoing maintenance of databases, servers, and related systems.
- Database Disaster Recovery planning, procedures, configuration, documentation, testing, and integration.
- Administration of Epic Clarity database server and the ETL process
- Collaborate with report writers on assuring necessary data reporting is available in the Clarity Console.
- Secure databases, applications, and related assets.
- System application troubleshooting and support
- Provide training and mentoring of staff.
Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years as a SQL Server DBA using associated toolsets such as SQL Admin Studio, MVC, BI, SSRS, etc.
- Implements data models, database designs, data access, and code.
- Develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of business requirements. Day to day duties will include data modeling, schema design, ETL architecture, development, documentation, optimization, and collaboration with different teams.
- Develops, implements, administers, and maintains policies and procedures ensuring the security and integrity of client databases.
- Resolves database performance and capacity issues, including replication and other distributed data issues.
- Understanding of server architecture in relation to the database.
- Configuration and maintenance of databases and its disaster recovery design; including recovery and documentation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot under pressure
Candidates experience must reflect the following:
- No more than 1 assignment within the last two years that is less than 3 months in length
- No more than 3 assignments within the last five years that are less than 6 months in length
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Epic Clarity certification
- Cogito Experience