6701 Kaiser Drive Fremont, CA 94555 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Data Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in the Fremont area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a genomics sequencing organization.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Focus on data capture, management and analysis using innovative software/services.
- Work cross-functionally to translate scientific workflows into process design with the help from the vendors and internal partners.
- In charge of creating process design/platform template, data capture, import data from different database/excel/other forms, help to set up API to export data from interface to statistical software, interpret the statistical analysis as needed.
- Learn the routine biopharm processes/practices as well as exposure to cutting-edge technologies generating different formats of data.
- B.S./M.S. in statistics, computer science, chemical engineering, biology, analytical chemistry or related field; must have completed 12 credit hours within a related major and/or other related coursework; overall, cumulative GPA (from last completed quarter) must be at least 3.2 (on 4.0 scale) or better.
- Proficiency using Excel, python and/or scripting languages for data capture, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated data-driven capability to identify and solve scientific problems.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Highly self-motivated, be flexible and willing to learn.
- Experience in biopharma R&D or knowledge about process development is a plus.
- Experienced using JMP, R, Spotfire, SIMCA or other software for multivariate data exploration or analysis.
- Experience in advanced data and/or statistical treatments such as machine learning.
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DoE), Partition of Variance and associated statistical methodologies highly sought.