341 Allerton Ave.
South San Franciscio,
Job Number: 16419
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Data Organization Assistant to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Data Organization Assistant
How you’ ll impact the company
- You will write emails to clarify microbial and clinical data. e.g. write emails to authors of scientific journals, support team of public databases including National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), etc.
- You will work on Excel spreadsheet(s) to sort and merge data, match keys etc.
- You pay attention to details and clean up data for the downstream processing.
What you bring to the role
- You have experience in using Microsoft Excel (or equivalent, such as Google Sheets, Numbers).
- You are accustomed to writing emails and asking specific questions.
- You are familiar with biological and clinical data format, and public databases (NCBI, EMBL, DDBJ etc) - preferred but not required.
- Download supplemental tables from scientific journal website and re-format them for data curation and import team.
- Contact scientific journal authors by email regarding any discrepancies between publication and deposited data.