315 Bonair Siding Standford, CA 94305
6 months contract to hire
Redwood City, CA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Define and develop guidelines, standards, and processes to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Elicit, review, and validate data system requirements, including data integration, Metadata, and modeling.
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain database management applications. Optimize and tune the system, perform software review and maintenance to ensure that data design elements are reusable, repeatable and robust.
- Lead and perform the design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex Data systems and data-intensive solutions that are scalable, optimized, and fault-tolerant.
- Design the data architecture and data integration layers.
- Design Data systems that are scalable, optimized and fault-tolerant.
- Develop technical strategies for improving the quality of reporting data
- Contribute to setting strategy and standards through data architecture and implementation, leveraging data, analytics tools and technologies.
- Ensure effective integration and security of applications, data, and components to deliver a high quality system capable of supporting real-time data production and complex, data-intensive user analysis.
- Use software development best practices to develop prototypes, proof of concepts for the selected solutions, and ensure effective application and integration.
- Bachelor’ s degree in scientific or analytic field and eight years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- In-depth knowledge of and ability using analytical and business intelligence programs such as OBIEE, business objects, Informatica, Tableau, Matlab, SAS, R, SPSS etc.
- Ability to use and integrate security controls for web applications, mobile platforms, and backend systems.
- Extensive experience in the evaluation, design, and deployment of new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build scalable data platforms.
- Demonstrated ability with enterprise application and database driven applications.
- Experience with relational and dimensional logical data modeling.
- Advanced level knowledge in scripting languages, expertise with high performance/systems languages and techniques.
- Experience using and designing key data structures, algorithms and techniques pertinent to systems that support high volume, variety datasets including data mining, machine learning, NLP, data retrieval.
- Extensive experience in data analysis and root cause analysis and proven problem solving and analytical thinking capabilities
- Advanced level knowledge of relational, NoSQL, or New SQL database systems, and data modeling, structured and unstructured.
- Expertise architecting and deploying reliable data systems and data quality management systems.