Data Analyst II
350 DNA Way, SSF35 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Data Analyst II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Data Analyst II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Drug Safety Data Analyst / Business Systems Analyst reports to the Principal Project and Execution Manager and is part of the Project and Execution Group in US Drug Safety. The Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing and trending a variety of datasets
- across USDS, including areas in: Compliance and Training, Safety Case Management and Project Tracking as part of the Project Portfolio Management. The role of the Data Analyst is to provide analytic support by developing a USDS metrics dashboard to the USDS Leadership Team in order to further understand project status and trends within safety reporting and ultimately result in more efficient and improved pharmacovigilance processes.
- Write, modify and maintain programs that perform complex data analyses
- Responsible for data transfers, including documentation and correspondence with internal and external partners
- Manage data from multiple sources
- Develop programs to provide ad-hoc reports for data review to support USDS across the department: Compliance and Training, Case Management, Portfolio Management
- Design and develop a USDS Dashboard on Project Tracking, Compliance and Training metrics
- Design and develop Excel macros, Qlikview or Tibco Spotfire visualizations
- Programming activities and usage for data management and data review
- Develop and maintain Excel, Qlikview or Tibco Spotfire programs including testing and organizing datasets, programs, and related documentation
- Ensure all of the programming activities and processes are conducted according to standard operating procedures and good programming practice
- May collaborate members of the leadership team to address internal and external data needs/gaps
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS/MS/MPH in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in Pharma Industry preferred
- Strong Excel programming skills required
- Strong Visualization programming skills: Qlikview or Tibco Spotfire
- Experience in SAS programming a plus
- Experience in programming with large datasets and developing programs, testing and documentation
- Extensive experience of handling external data
- Knowledge of developing reporting or other systems using Excel and SAS
- Working knowledge of statistical research methodology
- Good understanding of data cleaning process
- Works effectively, independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrates initiative and accountability
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to adapt to change
- Ability to interact effectively in a multifunctional, multidisciplinary team setting
- Understands the business, scientific, and regulatory aspects of the organization
- Ability to balance competing interests of various stakeholders and strive for achieving mutually beneficial and compliant solutions
- Influence decision makers