DOWNSTREAM MANAGER - MS&T
4560 Horton Street Bldg. R-431 Emeryville, CA 94608
Bayside Solutions is seeking a DOWNSTREAM MANAGER - MS&T to be part of our client’ s team in Emeryville. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
DOWNSTREAM MANAGER - MS&T:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manufacturing Organization supports Technical Operations (TechOps) by compliantly & successfully producing antigen-based products in line with commercial cGMPs.
- Downstream Manager-MS&T will lead a team of specialists in the areas of process development, technology transfer & technical support for downstream Manufacturing operations.
- Successful candidate will have primary oversight for protein purification laboratory/pilot plant function where suitable scale-down models will be defined & qualified as appropriate in support of process development, scale up & technology transfer, process troubleshooting during routine manufacture & process characterization/robustness studies in support of commercialization activities.
- Strong ability to set & meet deadlines, multitask & prioritize resources based on project needs.
- Monitors department expenses & makes recommendations on departmental capital budget items
- Uses scientific knowledge to make decisions on projects.
- Analyzes data & results and makes recommendations that impact both the science & the business
- Demonstrates critical judgment & strategic thinking to represent functional area concerns on cross-functional teams.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in chemistry, biology, engineering or related field with 12 years. Of related experience. Master’ s degree + 10 years, or PhD + 8 years.
- Incumbent should have a Minimum of 8+ yrs. of GMP experience including 4 yrs. of supervisory or team leadership experience.
- Technical/scientific knowledge of biopharmaceutical processes, at both process development & manufacturing scales of operation.
- Knowledge of process scale-up & scale-down methodologies, including process characterization design of experiments.
- Experience in process technology transfer within & between organizations, manufacturing support & troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated teamwork, organizational & leadership skills.
- Writes procedures & technical reports that include data interpretation.
- Extensive working knowledge of cGMP environments.
- Can identify & request needed resources within or across functional areas.