Customer Service Specialist
310 DNA Way, SSF31 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Customer Service Specialist to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Customer Service Specialist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Customer Service Specialist role is dedicated to providing the highest quality of customer support by offering full time phone coverage, managing numerous daily activities, and participating in internal and external departmental projects. The role of Customer Service is critical to the daily operation of the organization. It is imperative that Customer Service employees are dependable, discreet, discerning and flexible.
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Act in accordance with company policy
- Provide full time phone coverage (shift to be determined by management)
- Suggest new programs and or projects to promote customer service
- Determine appropriate action to take to resolve customer issues
- Determine when it is appropriate to escalate customer issues to management
- Work with Finance, Product Distribution and Customers to resolve disputes
- Act as customer advocate in investigating and responding to complaints while suggesting necessary process improvements to avoid recurrence
- Stay informed of current industry practices / trends
- Participate in the development and maintenance of department defined quality standards and measures
- Maintain effective and timely communication with team members as well as the supervisor regarding departmental issues
- Support corporate values
- Remain flexible to ever changing customer needs and requirements
- Order Management
- Process customer orders accurately
- Review inventory to determine appropriate customer order commitment.
- Maintain follow up on customer order issues.
- Interact with key customer purchasing personnel to advise of order status
- Ensure adherence to appropriate laws, regulations and programs
- Administer customer return process
- Act as a liaison between customer, third party provider and GNE to facilitate customer returns.
- Ensure accurate posting of credits and debits in accordance to policy
- Ensure timely turnaround of customer authorizations
- Support GNE Sales initiatives
- Participating in the product launch process to ensure a positive outcome
- Administer special programs
- Work as part of an effective team
- Support team decisions
- Respect diversity
- Being flexible with assigned schedule
- Have the ability to adapt to a constant changing environment
- Ability to work through conflicting, delayed or ambiguous information
- Actively Participate in various team initiatives; Lean Daily Management, etc.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA/BS or 3 years call center/customer service experience is preferred
- 2 or more years related work experience, i.e., customer service, administration-preferably gained within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry
- Must demonstrate knowledge of data entry and good basic computer skills, e.g., proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Previous database/computer systems experience, particularly in a high-volume, customer service/call center environment is strongly preferred
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems experience, particularly SAP, is preferred
- Technical expertise and Microsoft Excel experience preferred, comfortable with both informal and formal UAT (user acceptance testing) strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and business mathematics skills required.
- Good time management, organizational skills including both good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability, comfort & commitment to operate in a highly regulated environment and industry that requires a fundamental understanding of adherence to company policies, procedures and relevant internal or external laws and regulations
- Positive proactive attitude, strategic agility and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Must have the ability to operate in a multitasking environment and within strict timelines.
- Must be action oriented with a high degree of initiative and leadership.
- Must be resourceful with excellent organization and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to effectively exercise judgment and discretion with confidential and sensitive information